Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Downtown Honolulu

I'olani Palace

King Kamehameha statue
I felt really good today, it has been a while since my last post. Due to personal issues I was not available to go out and shoot. Even though it was a Kona wind day, I was definitely heading out to do some photo stuff. Parking wasn't that bad so, off to the palace I went. There were lots of people on the grounds, having lunch, taking naps, and just hanging out. The skies didn't present the beautiful blue that we usually see, but it was still a day day to shoot. As I started to shoot pictures, all the things that I have heard about history in these buildings I could visualize some of the things happening in these places. The royal palace, home of Hawaii's kings and queens. These places are nestled in a two block area, with the passing of time, the new and modern buildings have sprung up. Now the old buildings are dwarfed by high rises and many office buildings. There is a song that asks the question,"what would the royalty say about all this". To stand in front of the palace and look at all the buildings and see all the homeless people on the property, what a sight. Anyway, I enjoyed being out there and checking out the library, my photo club is presenting our photos for the public to see, I even got a call from a patron that wants to purchase my photo, that is very exciting to me. There were also lots of pigeons, and there were sympathetic on lookers that were pleased to share their lunch with them. I had a great day today, I hope yours was enjoyable for you too...Aloha
King Kamehameha statue










Hawaii State Library EOH photo display

save some for us.......

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are able to go out and shoot, your pictures are so nice. What great news that a patron at the Hawaii State Library wants to purchase your picture. Best news is that you get to shoot - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete