Monday, October 3, 2011

sunset at Ala Moana Beach Park

 Ended up in town by accident after work and noticed some unusual wispy
clouds in the sky. I decided to wait until sunset to see if the the colors in the sky along with the clouds would make for a good photo opportunity. At the same time, the catamaran, Ali'i Kai was leaving Aloha Tower, Nicole is part of the entertainment  as a hula dancer. This may turn out to be a decent place to be for the shoot. The park was alive with walkers, joggers, people sitting on the sea wall and just lots of people enjoying quite a sunset with all the variables in place, the water, the sailboats, surfers, paddlers, dinner cruise catamarans, all the things the make Hawaii paradise. There was a wedding on the beach as well, what a lucky day, now if I can only reproduce what I am looking at. As the sun neared the water it was in all it's splendor, the wispy clouds and the really orange sky, just as I pictured it. I was another picture perfect day on Oahu at Ala Moana Beach Park, what more can you ask for.......aloha.




paddlers at sunset

Ali'i Kai catamaran

Ali'i Kai and canoe paddlers

Ali' i Kai and standup paddler

splash

sunset at Magic Island

Waikiki from Magic Island

2 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty cool looking clouds. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see those clouds when I drove back from visiting the Disney Hotel with my sister. I remember saying look at those clouds. I am so glad you took such great pictures of its beauty.

    Wow, Nicole is growing up - she has a job and she is an entertainer with her hula dancing.

    I also like how you've created such a nice blog with the individual pix on the right side. Hee hee, I don't know how and luckily I can just use their templates. Friends and relatives must be so jellos seeing your pix.

    ReplyDelete