Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Plumerias, Plumerias, Plumerias, everywhere

body boarders at Sandy Beach
 Today started out heading to Koko Head Crater in search of plumerias. On the way I passed Sandy Beach, there were body boarders there ready to surf all the waves. The waves were great for the crowd, they stood up, kneeled, and laid out on their various boards. Then back on the road to the crater.
I was shocked that the park was a little hard to get to, I actually drove through Hawaii Kai and retraced my route to get back where I started, then I found the turn off. The trail was a little rough for slippers but to late, I was already there. It was dusty and uneven terrain, all of a sudden, there they were, multiple varieties of plumerias. Just what I was looking for. There were white ones, yellow ones, pink ones, and there were others as well. I walked through the Plumeria Groves for about 2 hours and there were still more plumerias. I didn't get to check the remainder of the 60 acre crater site. I will make sure that a return trip to the park is in my future. What a beautiful day for an excursion along the south shore of Oahu, it make for a pleasant drive. Here's to looking forward to the next trip to Koko Head Crater........Aloha
more body boarders

pau for the day

white plumerias

pink plumerias

Add caption







No comments:

Post a Comment