Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden

The Lake
Today, I decided to travel to the windward side of the island to look for plants and flowers. The Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens was my place of choice. It's amazing to me that I have never been to this park, it is one of the most beautiful places on the island. I was impressed by the hugeness of the place. I spent over two hours walking and listening to some smooth jazz. The lake was breath taking, what a way to get your head on straight. The smell of the many different flowers was intoxicating. I didn't even cover an eighth of the park, it's really huge. Even the mosquitoes were in a relaxing mode and not worried about sucking your blood the whole time. The views of the mountains, the calmness of the lake, the smell of many flowers, and a peace of mind, who could ask for more......Aloha
Hawaiian Coot and lots of koi

another look at the lake



looking at the Koolaus

looking towards the Pali

palm leaf

more of the Koolaus

looking at the Pali

No comments:

Post a Comment