Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome home, USS Nimitz

 On a bright, sunny and hot day, there came a very large ship, the USS Nimitz. This aircraft carrier is in town for the 2012 RIMPAC exercises. There are many Pacific countries participating with lots of ships, aircraft and lots of soldiers and sailors. I went to the mouth of Pearl Harbor to await the arrival. Then something unreal happened, mine you, this is only the second time ever, that I have been guilty of this. I didn't have charged batteries in the camera, they were dead as a door nail. Lucky that my backup camera was in the car. What a bonehead thing to do....I will remember the next time...charge the batteries. Anyway, after sweating profusely, the ship was seen passing Waikiki and approaching Pearl Harbor. I made my way through the crowd to get a good vantage point for my shots. When it was near, I was surprised at the speed it was traveling, I guess because of the size I expected it to be moving slower. I think that I got some decent looks, what a hot day....off to the air conditioning in the car.....aloha.








No comments:

Post a Comment