Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Marine Corps Days in Hawaii (1976)

ch-53 over Molokini islet
 While digging through some boxes, located some old slides of some of my Marine days at Kaneohe. This was the last deployment made by the entire air group as a whole. The date was March 1976, I am amazed that these slides have survived for over 35 years. There are lots of memories tied to these photos, I can still vividly see all the things that were taking place, even recall all the guys involved. That is amazing to me, 35 years ago, we were on the big island, at Upolo Point. The flying was on the slopes of Mauna Kea and some on Mauna Loa. What a great deployment, we flew day and night, we even slept in tents and ate C-rations. This is a chapter in my life that was most exciting and full of great times, I loved flying in helicopters and seeing the islands from an aerial perspective. I have been shooting photos for quite a long time, film was the big thing and I developed all my own pictures. Here's to the "good ole days".........aloha
Cpl. "Spoon"









No comments:

Post a Comment