Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lion Dance Journey

 This event of different Lion Dances was a pretty good event to shoot. There was great sunlight, lots of color as well as all kinds of lion variations. They did some beautiful dances. Their dance skills and athletic moves gave the dance a life of it's own. There was all ages of dancers, the youngest and smallest ones really impressed me. They had learned a traditional dance that dated back hundreds of years and really pulled it off. Their portrayal of the various forms of lions was something to see.
My photo club members got mixed signals as to whether or not photography was allow. They got a little discouraged and many returned home, but the few of us that braved the ordeal came out with some amazing shots. The gardens had a lot of onlookers of all ethnicities and all ages, what a crowd mixture. Everyone seemed enthralled with all the dances and they all were unique in their own ways. I think that this was another very successful shoot and I am glad that I didn't take no for an answer. Until the next shoot,,,,,,,,,,aloha














1 comment:

  1. Cute pix of the lions and the photographers. I missed a good one, huh? Yay, I got to see what I missed. Smiles, Celia

    ReplyDelete