Friday, December 17, 2010

Honolulu City Lights


the Honolulu Christmas tree
 What a wonderful night for a stroll through downtown Honlulu to enjoy the Christmas lights. The tree is gracefully lit to show lots of snow flakes and twinkling lights, there are also many teddy bear figurines around the tree waiting for Christmas.
straw reindeer in red poinsettia
The inside of Honolulu Hale is also decorated with trees that showed different themes, they were nicely done as well. There are lots of wreaths and other various displays that are very nice.
The main drag (King Street) is full of cars, trucks, and buses, there were some horse and buggies too.They slowly cruise the street gawking out the window at the lighted display. The street is lit up showing many kinds of Christmas themes of Hawaiian origin. All the trees along the street are decorated with all kinds of lights and shiny baubles. The place even made me feel like something is about to happen real soon. Aloha. Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou......


red poinsettia

Mr. and Mrs. Claus cooling the feet
           Let me tell you something that I thought was "a real funny". 
It took me two nights to get the shots that I wanted for this blog. Reason being, on the first night everything was perfect......the drive to town was nice and uneventful, there was parking available, the evening sky was just right. As I started to take photos, all of a sudden the camera went dead.....the batteries were done. No problem, me, the one that always preaches about charging batteries for cell phones, ipods, ipads, cameras, was the one that took a bite in the butt because...you got it, I didn't charge my batteries before a photo shoot. I couldn't be upset with anyone because it was all me that allowed this to happen. What a mental break down...I guess I'm only human, rats........ In the end, I got what I came for, the photos of Honolulu City Lights.
the Clauses in the aloha attire


younger Claus


Merry Christmas


two elves

















Rudolph with your nose so bright


3 comments:

  1. Hee hee, day 2 worked! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics, looks like they have some new displays, never saw the Clauses in Aloha attire, younger Claus, the elves and Rudolph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photos! Hope to see xmas in Hawaii first hand (maybe next year?). Great work dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the new look, very clean and great photos!

    ReplyDelete