Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Surf's up on the North Shore

warning signs


The waves were predicted to be 20 plus feet, but after the drive to the North shore the waves were not that great. But the surfers and the tourists were out in mass. Parking was no where to be found and shave ice and shrimp trucks were every where.
Needless to say I did find a parking spot and settled in for some shooting, it wasn't the best day but I made the best of it.
The tour buses are always just ahead of you, I can hear the driver telling the passengers about the big surf at Pipeline and all the tales that come with it. They herd them on and off the buses, vans and limos so that they can get the experience of their lives. 
 good ole Haleiwa town



waves were okay

checking out the surf

tattoo wahine

more surfers checking it out

all pau

tourist on the beach

catch a wave
tourist on the beach

coming in

1 comment:

  1. Hey not fair, I don't get to go to the North Shore on a Wednesday. But then I am happy you went, I feel like I was there with your pics.

    ReplyDelete