Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A day at Waimea

crashing waves
The day was perfect for time at the beach. The road to Waimea Beach Park was not crowded as thought, there were not that many people there either. I even got parking in the parking lot with no trouble.
The waves were suppose to be up to 20 feet but that wasn't happening as of yet. It was maybe 10 feet outside where the surfers were, but the shore break was possibly 4-6 feet. The body boarders were cutting it up in the surf, the surfers were being particular because the short ride led to a tough paddle back out to the lineup.
The day was cloudless and just enough breeze to make you feel comfortable. I was surprised because of the lack of people, but that also made it great to be out and about. I drove as far as Pipeline but there wasn't much action so I turned around and made my way back to Waimea. That was a good move because it was more acceptable for what I wanted have in this blog. Oh well, I guess I will sign off for the day and see you in a couple of days.  Aloha
boogie boarders delight

more boogie boarding

surfer coming in

surfing near shoreline

off the lip

waves at the point

done for the day

tourist on the beach

catch a wave

No comments:

Post a Comment