Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter in Hawaii

view from the Pali Lookout
looking towards the Marine Base

roosters and chickens at the Pali Lookout

the Koolaus from the H-3 highway
View from my back door..cloud layer is low..sometimes we are in the clouds......
the Koolaus

lots of waterfalls
It was windy and cloudy today as I travelled towards Kailua. The clouds were really low hanging and full of precipitation, it didn't rain one drop on me. There weren't to many tourist out and about either. The temperature for the day is the high 60's, that makes us island folks shiver a little. Two mornings ago it was down to 53 degrees, you know that is truly wrong. That reminds me of how much I really do need the electric blanket that was given to me. As I sit in my chair gazing out over the deck, I see the rain showers and hear the winds gusting....I kind of think about turning on the heat, but there are no heat systems in homes in Hawaii. I guess I will put on my woolies and get ready to have a nice evening at home.
There were more chickens out at the Pali Lookout, then there were people. I had not been the Lookout in some time, I was a little surprised to see such a large group of chickens....that's a first for me.
The drive was without any complications, it was almost a good drive, except that I was the one driving myself around, oh well, it was a good day.
I am going to enjoy the rainy weather and stay in, so stay dry if you are in Hawaii and stay warm if you are on the mainland......Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment