Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Different Kind of Flower

angel's trumpets

cactus

spiny leaves

thorny cactus

cactus 2

cactus 3





















The weather has changed again, no rain, little wind, just a different kind of day. I finally got out to check out these cacti, they have captivated me for some time now. They have a beauty that "only a mother" can love and they poke back if you do them harm. There are lots of them at Kapiolani Community College, all different varieties. I will have to go back there to take pictures of some of the others, for some reason they seem to want to be photographed and I will do my best to show them in all their splendor, don't they all look a little intimidating...or maybe that's the wrong word.....aloha 

2 comments:

  1. I find cacti interesting because of their patterns especially the "thorny cactus". These are great captures.

    ReplyDelete